Famvir is used for the treatment of (herpes) zoster infection. It is also used for the treatment of skin infections at AIDS infected patients. Famvir is used for the patients with weakened immune system for the treatment of constant herpes rash, for the treatment or suppression of continuous genital herpes. It can be used for the treatment of other diseases in accordance with doctor prescription as well.
Mode of application
Use Famvir in accordance with doctor’s prescriptions. Follow label instructions.
Famvir is for inside intake during meal or afterwards. If case of stomach upset, take it together with food in order to decrease stomach upset.
If you have genital or usual herpes, start using Famvir during the first signs of illness based on doctor’s prescription.
Be sure to take complete course of Famvir if you have (herpes) zoster, herpes, genital herpes or other skin infections. Continue taking it even if you got better within several days.
If you use Famvir for genital herpes suppression continue taking it even if you got better. Don’t miss any dose.
Mechanism of action
Famvir is antivirus drug. It acts by blocking the virus spreading.
During single miss of doze intake, it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake
Store between 15C and 30C (59F and 86F) and out of the reach of children.
DO not use Famvir if:
- you are allergic to any Famvir component or pencyclovir
- you are allergic to galactoze, sufficient deficit of lactase or glucose- galactose, their assimilation problems
Be sure to contact your doctor if any of the following relates to you
Some medical preparations can interact with Famvir. Be sure to inform your doctor on the following factors making influence on drug efficiency:
- Pregnancy, pregnancy planning or breast feeding by the patient
- The intake of any preparations sold without doctor’s prescription, vegetable preparations or food add-ons
- Allergy on drugs, food or other agents
- Kidney problems
Some drugs can interact with Famvir. Anyway, the list of specific interactions is not complete for the moment.
Be sure to consult your doctor if any of the most widespread side effects persist or irritate:
- Diarrhea, gases, headache, tiredness, nausea.
Be sure to inform your doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects occur:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, breathing problems, chest constraint, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema), changes of urine amount, blurred consciousness, delirium, disorientation, hallucinations, skin redness, blisters or desquamation.